Tuesday, February 16, 2010

I LOVE MY CRICUT!





I made some tags the other day. For two reasons... i've never made a tag before and the other I wanted to play with my Cricut! I'm in love with that little bug. The possibilities of what you can create with it and the cartridge designs are limitless. If you are any kind of a paper crafter put it on your wish list. I don't believe it can only be used by card makers and scrapbookers. Now i understand they make a Cricut for cutting fondant for cake decorating. Boy will that open doors to some creative designs in that area of crafting.
I'm not quite sure what my next project will be - i'm thinkin' something with some dominos that I have. I bought them on clearance after Christmas @ Michaels - I have two craft ideas that i know of to make with them - I may go off into the wild blue yonder of the internet and see what else i can find. I know there's bound to be some inspiration out there.
I'll close for now. I have the tags posted below and a basic description of how I made them. Hope it brings you some inspiration.
Talk soon,
Michelle

This was a fun valentine tag. I used the cartridges Bags, Tags Boxes and More for the tag itself and the rest of the tag was made with all different icons from Wild Card (one of my favorite cartridges) I added a little bling, the fibers and inked the edges to dress it up.
This was a tag I made just because i loved the papers and I like aqua and brown together. It's a little hard to see but I have my initial "M" in the little frame. I used the cartridge BTB&M and again Wild Card. The bird paper was already embellished with some copper glitter and I added coordinating ribbons and cords for the tie. I inked the edges too to pull it all together.
This was a practice tag for the new Mother's Day cartridge I bought. I wanted to see how it worked. My first try for the word "MOM" ended up about 3 inches high and about 10 inches long. OOPS! A little big for a tag - so i'll save it for a scrapbook page. BTW - all the tags i made are cut at 5 1/2 on the Cricut. I added rhinestones to the center of the flowers, inked the edges and added some decorative dots and dashes with a matching marker. And of course the fibers to tie it with.
This is one of my favorite tags. I'm so longing for spring I guess I had to bring it into my craft room. I used BTB&M for the tag. The window and branches were from Wild Card, the Cat and blue bird are from Animal Kingdom. I think the blue bird is anyway. The background I cut free hand to add a sky and grass. I inked the edges, inked some clouds in the sky and added fibers.
I decided if i have to look at snow it's going to at least be artistic. So i made the leaves on the trees look like snowflakes. I used Wild Card for the wind swirls and the tree trunk and Accent Essentials for the snowflakes. I also added a few snowflakes from some Stampin' Up punches I have. I inked the edges, added Crystal Effects to the tree trunk and the wind swirls to make them look icy and some glitter to the snow flakes. Again, fiber to tie it with.

No comments:

Post a Comment