Friday, February 19, 2010

Collage

If you know me well enough you know i love birds and flowers. Of just about any shape, size and color. So today I made a collage of those very things. All of the images are printed from my home printer and they were royalty free images I grabbed off the internet.

The print of the nest is printed on Velum and then I used some chalk on parts of it to pull out some detail... but not too much because I LOVED the pencil drawn look of it. The bird was actually cut out of a larger image that had pine branches and another bird in it. I only wanted this bird. I have no idea what kind of bird it is but I really liked it's coloring. I LOVE GERANIUMS!!! They are one of my favorite flowers. I used to have my laundry room decorated in a geranium theme and I miss it so much when I redecorate it i'm going back to geraniums. I plant geraniums in my flower pots every year that border my brick pavers. They make me smile. The little dimensional nest is actually a button that I bought at the dollar store several months ago not knowing what I was going to do with it but knowing I had to have it. The little eggs are beads from a garage sale necklace I took apart. The metal embellishments are jewelry findings that were on clearance at JoAnn's that again - I had to have - with out a plan in mind but knowing someday I would use them. The background is a save from a product that didn't do what it said it was going to do. I ended up "washing" it in brown paint to dull the aqua paint down a bit (that color was planned). I wanted it to look crackled and the crackle didn't work. It was product I had here for awhile so it could have just been past it's prime. All of this on an 8x10 canvas that YES - I bought on clearance.

I hope you enjoy this canvas collage - I think i'll hang it in my craft room so I can smile when ever I go in there.

Talk soon,
Michelle



No comments:

Post a Comment