Saturday, March 6, 2010

Mixed Media Project

I'm thinkin' Spring!!!
AND I LOVE GERANIUMS!!!
So I just had to make this mixed media project.

I painted an 8x10 canvas and cut 1" paper squares for the background. (I used my Cricut - George and Basic Shapes). Then I cut leaves from the Wild Card Cartridge and a flower pot from the Walk in My Garden cartridge. I punched red paper flowers with the Martha Stewart Geranium punch.

I shaded the leaves with dark green ink and golden yellow chalk. I also shaded the petals of the flowers and edges of the flower pot with a brown ink.

I used a large seed bead for the flower center.

So, I used paint, ink, chalk, paper and beads.
I had fun making this project. I think the next one I'm going to try is going to be hydrangeas if I can find balls to build the flowers around.

My next post will be some cards I made. My friend Gail and I sell greeting cards at her place of work. I LOVE PAPER too - so the card making keeps me busy with my little paper fetish.

Talk soon,
Michelle

No comments:

Post a Comment